Destiny 2 ’s Scourge of the Past raid is officially live, but most Guardians will need to do some grinding over the weekend to get raid ready. In this quick guide, we’ll outline the minimum requirements for Scourge of the Past with tips on how to get there fast.
What’s the minimum Power Level for Scourge of the Past?
Scourge of the Past doesn’t have a mandatory minimum Power Level, but it’s suggested you be somewhere around 640. That’s going to be tough, because even the most dedicated Black Armory players are probably hovering somewhere around 600 right now. In short, you’ll probably need a few dozen levels to even think about slaying this beast.
How to level up fast in Destiny 2 Black Armory
The Scourge of the Past raid has a suggested Power Level of 640. Bungie/Activision
Especially if you’re inching past level 600, some of the leveling strategies you may have used in Forsaken changed after the introduction of Black Armory. With that in mind, we’ll outline a few new tips below.
- Turn in your leftover Bounties: If you haven’t done so already, now’s the time to dig back into your inventory and turn in any bounties that offer the possibility of a Powerful Gear drop. That means stuff like your Spider Bounties or Petra bounties should all be turned in so you get gear to buff your Power. Hardcore Guardians have probably done this already, but it never hurts to get a reminder.
- Decrypt Prime Engrams now: In that same vein, now’s the time to decrypt your Prime Engrams since they scale at a fixed rate. Hanging onto a Prime Engram at level 606, for example, won’t push you to 611. You’ll still be bumped to 610. So, use the Engrams you get as soon as they enter your inventory.
- Finish Lingering Exotic Quests: Exotics are very rare in Forsaken and Black Armory, so if you have any unfinished quests that offer a guaranteed drop, finishing those up now would be a really good idea. If you haven’t got an Ace of Spades yet, for example, go get that done. If you’re feeling super frisky, you could also grind for Malfeasance too. There’s always the chance you’ll come across an Exotic drop during activities as well. If that happens, do a little dance and enjoy the buff.
- Do your Powerfuls in the Right Order: The efficiency order of Powerfuls has changed a bit with Black Armory in that typically high-yield activities like Petra Bounties, Nightfalls or Last Wish encounters aren’t quite as fruitful as they used to be. That being said, they’re a great gateway to some of Black Armory’s leveling goldmines. Start by doing those, then migrate to Raid Challenge Bounties, Petra Weekly Bounties and polish things off with the Forge. By the time you reach the Forge you’ll almost be raid ready, so passing through that should push you over the edge.
- Multiple Characters: As has always been the case, those who rank up the fastest have multiple characters at equally high Power levels. What you essentially want to do is go through a leveling grind and pass that high-level gear onto a second character. Repeat the process and pass it on to a third character. By doing this, you exponentially increase the power of your gear and ascend faster. This isn’t something you’ll be able to take advantage of in a single weekend obviously, but it’s worth remembering.
Once you meet these requirements, just go to the EDZ and select the icon for the raid.
Destiny 2 is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC. The Scourge of the Past raid is exclusive to Forsaken’s Annual Pass.
Will you be hitting the raid this weekend? What Power Level are you right now? Tell us in the comments section!