When is Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders taking place? Sunday 17th March, 07:10
Where is Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders taking place? Cbus Super Stadium
What channel is Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders on?
UK – Sky Sports Arena
Australia – Fox Sports
Where can I stream Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders?
UK – Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Australia – https://www.telstra.com.au/tv-movies-music/sports-offer
Where can I get tickets for Gold Coast Titans vs Canberra Raiders?
Gold Coast Titans – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500004
Canberra Raiders – https://tickets.nrl.com/team/500013
THE TEAM NEWS
GOLD COAST TITANS
Head Coach: Garth Brennan
Starting 13: Gordon, Lee, Peachey, Kelly, Sami, Roberts, Taylor, Wallace, Peats, Boyd, Proctor, James, Arrow – Interchanges: Brimson, Fotuaika, King, Cartwright – Reserves: Copley, Don
Unavailable: Jack Stockwell, Will Matthews, Keegan Hipgrave
- Gold Coast stuck with rookie head coach Garth Brennan at the end of 2018 after the Titans finished in 14th place last season and he will need a good start to this year to keep the pressure of him.
- The Titans carried out a successful recruitment drive ahead of the 2019 season as they look to mount a challenge for the top 8 with Tyrone Peachey, Brian Kelly and Shannon Boyd just some of the names to arrive.
- Tyrone Roberts also returns to the club and he will line-up alongside Ash Taylor in the halves in this Round 1 contest whilst Michael Gordon has won the race for the fullback position meaning AJ Brimson has to settle for a place on the bench.
Head Coach: Ricky Stuart
Starting 13: Nicoll-Klokstad, Cotric, Croker, Leilua, Simonsson, Wighton, Sezer, Papalii, Hodgson, Soliola, Tapine, Whitehead, J. Bateman – Interchanges: Havili, Sutton, Lui, Horsburgh – Reserves: Williams, Murchie
Unavailable: Michael Oldfield, Jordan Rapana
- Canberra head coach Ricky Stuart faces an uncertain future if he doesn’t guide the Raiders into the play-offs in the 2019 season with his side seen as underachieving in the last couple of years.
- The Raiders have added Englishman John Bateman to their ranks with the ex-Wigan man capable of mixing it with the best in the NRL and he will make his debut at lock with him predominantly featuring in the second-row for the Warriors.
- Bateman’s former teammate Ryan Sutton joined the Raiders too and will make his debut from the bench with Canberra opting to start with new signing Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad at fullback.
Gold Coast have added some intriguing talent to their ranks for the 2019 as they look to improve on another disappointing year whilst the Raiders have the talent in their squad but underperformed in 2018. They can push for a play-off spot this year but need more consistency in terms of both performances and results with Ricky Stuart’s job on the line should they fail again this year. However, although this will be a closely-fought contest that could go either way, it’s the Raiders that can edge this game and get their season off to a good start.